We are very proud of the fact that we have restored and enhanced the old Victorian country house ever since we bought it in the summer of 1982 we are even prouder of all the people that have contributed to making it a great place to live.
All our bedrooms have been purpose built to be spacious and have been equipped to provide all the comforts you might require we also encourage residents to bring smaller items of personal furniture or effects that have a special sentimental value which will personalise their rooms and help residents settle in.
The home has exceptionally spacious public rooms, which have many original Victorian features. They are located on the first floor which affords splendid views of the two acres of landscaped gardens. The lounges, terraces and conservatory allow our residents to join in communal activities or find a quiet spot to entertain their families and friends.
Key Facts about Laurel Care Home
- Family run home with nearly 35 years experience
- Two lively experienced activity organizers
- All meals cooked fresh in-house
- Medical cover from dedicated local GP who has a real interest in holistic care
- Personal items of furniture may be brought in
- No visiting restrictions
- Large single rooms complete with WIFI, en-suite facilities, two lifts, monitored nurse call system, electric hoists and anti pressure mattresses
- Visiting chiropodist, dentist and optician, trained physiotherapist
- Dedicated hairdressing salon
- Activities lodge (traditional oak-framed barn)
- Faith room
CQC Report September 2016
People and relatives were all positive about the service. One person said, "The care is first class. I couldn't wish to be cared for by anyone else". Another said, "I am extremely well cared for". A relative said, "The staff are exceptional". Another relative told us, "The care my wife receives is exemplary. She has been here a long time and has always been very well looked after".