The home is led by Felicity Dennis who has degree in nursing specialising in end-of-life, palliative care. She is supported by a senior team who are all highly qualified specialists in geriatric care and who are dedicated to developing themselves, our staff and the levels of professional care within the home.
Key Facts about our team:
- We have ten nurses with a cumulative experience of 150 years nursing ( over 15 years each on average)
- One of our senior nurses started as a 15 year old kitchen assistant , trained as a nurse and now runs the night shift
- All of the senior team and nurses have done care shifts – “none are too posh to wash”
- A high percentage of a carers have been with us between 10-20 years and our relationship crosses generations e.g. Mum and daughter teams
- Virtually all of our staff have or are working towards their Level 2 & 3 qualifications.
What impact does this have on my loved one’s care?
We base our care on getting to know every resident and understanding their needs. We can only do this because our staff group is stable, loyal and happy. It’s hard to feel loved and respected if the Manager doesn’t know your name and every day a different agency staff member knocks on your door and introduces themselves.
‘Staff spoke with pride about the importance of ensuring people's needs were held in the forefront of everything they did. One staff member told us, "This is why I do this job, for the residents". Another said, "It's a pleasure to come to work, to see all my ladies and gentlemen". Other comments included, "I am passionate about this home" and "It makes it all worthwhile, seeing their faces".’